Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
Department: Business Systems
Position: Salesforce Developer
We are looking for an energetic Salesforce Developer to join our Business Systems team. You'll be responsible for assisting in the customization, maintenance, development and monitoring of our Salesforce CRM platform and other core contact center cloud-based applications. You’ll work closely with the Sales and IT teams to bring new functionality, efficiency and data to our sales teams across the U.S. You’ll also work closely with the Product, Customer Success and Account Management teams to ensure they have the system capabilities needed to best execute their functions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the daily operational readiness of our Salesforce.com org
- Pair with lead developer on Salesforce-related custom development work
- Maintain existing custom system integrations with Salesforce
- Build out new and refine existing systems integrations
- Collaborate with Business Systems team members and stakeholders to deliver new business functionality to advocates and customers
- Respond to team members’ requests related to functionality support, how-to questions, and feature activation / tuning
- Field and triage inbound internal systems support inquiries
- Assist in documenting rules, configuration settings and user permissions changes, additions and deletions
- Document and maintain business requirements and workflows
- Manage custom development deliverables within our Salesforce.com org
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years of Salesforce Development experience required
- Expertise in APEX, Visualforce required
- Solid skills in the following: CSS, HTML, jQuery
- Salesforce certification preferred
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience with Salesforce Release Management best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, CS or related discipline, or equivalent number of years’ work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-focused, accountable and willing to take on the challenge of supporting great tools used by high-powered, fast-paced teams
- Play well with others – you’ll be collaborating directly with several key stakeholders and many different teams
- Experience in working with multiple system admins managing one SFDC org is a plus
- Experience in researching and documenting possible solutions to business needs and clearly explaining trade-offs and potential return on investment for different options
- Demonstrated problem solving aptitude, including working with others to quickly reach sustainable resolutions
- Understanding and appreciation for working in an agile / scrum environment
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Experience and passion for identifying ways to do things better and a sense of ownership that leads to the creation and implementation of new better methods and practices
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.