Nearpod is an award-winning education technology company focused on developing digital learning tools, virtual reality and interactive content across mobile devices that provides teachers an easy and efficient way to leverage technology in the classroom by creating learning experiences that engage and inspire students.
Since its launch in 2012 Nearpod has become a leader (& teacher favorite) in the K-12 market and is now currently used in 1 out of 10 schools in the United States by over 100K teachers and 5M+ students on a monthly basis. 2017 marks the second year in a row that Nearpod has been listed on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Office-based role in Aventura, FL
We are looking for an energetic Salesforce Developer to join our Business Systems team. You'll be responsible for assisting in the customization, maintenance, development and monitoring of our Salesforce CRM platform and other core contact center cloud-based applications. You’ll work closely with the Sales and IT teams to bring new functionality, efficiency and data to our sales teams across the U.S. You’ll also work closely with the Product, Customer Success and Account Management teams to ensure they have the system capabilities needed to best execute their functions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the daily operational readiness of our Salesforce.com org
- Pair with lead developer on Salesforce-related custom development work
- Maintain existing custom system integrations with Salesforce
- Build out new and refine existing systems integrations
- Collaborate with Business Systems team members and stakeholders to deliver new business functionality to advocates and customers
- Respond to team members’ requests related to functionality support, how-to questions, and feature activation / tuning
- Field and triage inbound internal systems support inquiries
- Assist in documenting rules, configuration settings and user permissions changes, additions and deletions
- Document and maintain business requirements and workflows
- Manage custom development deliverables within our Salesforce.com org
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years of Salesforce Development experience required
- Expertise in APEX, Visualforce required
- Solid skills in the following: CSS, HTML, jQuery
- Salesforce certification preferred
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience with Salesforce Release Management best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, CS or related discipline, or equivalent number of years’ work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-focused, accountable and willing to take on the challenge of supporting great tools used by high-powered, fast-paced teams
- Play well with others – you’ll be collaborating directly with several key stakeholders and many different teams
- Experience in working with multiple system admins managing one SFDC org is a plus
- Experience in researching and documenting possible solutions to business needs and clearly explaining trade-offs and potential return on investment for different options
- Demonstrated problem solving aptitude, including working with others to quickly reach sustainable resolutions
- Understanding and appreciation for working in an agile / scrum environment
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Experience and passion for identifying ways to do things better and a sense of ownership that leads to the creation and implementation of new better methods and practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.