Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Aventura, FL
Position: Director, Sales Operations
Based in South Florida and reporting to the President/COO, the Director of Sales Operations will manage a team of sales ops and SFDC analysts and will be the right hand to sales leadership in the support of driving sales growth strategies by optimizing sales team execution, productivity and performance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Strategy, Data Management and Analysis
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the go-to-market (GTM) organization.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the GTM organization’s planning efforts.
- Supports the equitable assignment of territories, sales quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all GTM organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales and marketing reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Process Improvement
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement by recognizing trends in data, refining operational models, and putting out fires as they arise.
- Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Manages the implementation of process changes.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Manage Salesforce.com (SFDC) Infrastructure
- Manages and Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Manages SFDC developers to constantly optimize our CRM implementation
- Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Sales Enablement
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Field Support
- Manage a deal desk that supports and assists the field team with operational implementation of transactions
Required Skills and Background:
- A team player with relevant experience in the sales process, forecasting and reporting arena preferably for a software vendor
- 7+years sales operations or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Salesforce.com and related tools (Pardot, Gainsight, etc.)
- Proven business acumen with a demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives
- The ability to translate deep data analysis to actionable deliverables and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.