Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Aventura, FL
Position: Contract Manager (temporary position)
The Contract Manager is responsible for the initial review and maintenance of all Nearpod’s third-party contracts. The position requires careful review and significant analysis of contract requirements, special provisions and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and the company’s policies and procedures; demonstrable skill in negotiating and understanding contract provisions and risk allocation; strong analytical and reasoning skills; excellent judgment; and the ability to clearly and effectively convey risk assessments to internal stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with, and provide daily support, to the finance team in reviewing, drafting, analyzing and negotiating a broad range of agreements, including, but not limited to, customer agreements, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements, services agreements, vendor agreements for the acquisition of goods and services, and related documents;
- Conduct in-depth analysis of contract requirements, special provisions and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and company policies.
- Engage with internal clients and third parties to review and negotiate contract terms.
- Have a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Ensure approval and execution of contracts in accordance with company policies.
- Review, update, and maintain contract documentation in accordance with company policies.
- Use independent judgment and apply creativity to resolution of contract issues, in consultation with the VP of Finance.
- Maintain contract database with all executed contracts and agreements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; ability to develop, prioritize, and accomplish goals
- Excellent, professional written and verbal English skills indicative of a superior ability to interface effectively with attorneys, school and district representatives, executives, and other key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Possesses a positive, problem-solving attitude and flexibility
- Desire to learn and expand skill set
- Discreet and able to maintain strict confidence concerning sensitive matters and transactions
- Strong and demonstrable skill in negotiating and understanding contract provisions and risk allocation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work independently with minimal direction; willing to take instruction when given
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, excellent judgment and the ability to make decisions and assess acceptable levels of business risk
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to analyze and improve business process
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable, accredited university with a concentration in pre-law, English, public policy, education, or business preferred.
- 2+ years’ contract drafting, negotiation and management work experience preferred
- Experience in education a plus, but not required
- Experience working with a contract lifecycle management system a plus, but not required
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.