Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Remote
Position: Senior Curriculum Specialist
Nearpod is seeking a dynamic Senior Curriculum Specialist to promote its leading-edge supplemental digital curriculum in districts and schools across the country. The Senior Curriculum Specialist serves as Nearpod’s content brand ambassador, representing our content solutions, delivering solutions-based sales presentations to address customer needs, including high-profile strategic accounts, delivering issues-based workshops and serving as the teaching and learning expert to inform content implementation plans.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Curriculum Specialist Director, Content Product Managers, and Content Learning Experience Designers to develop solutions-based sales pitch decks elevating Nearpod’s content brand within Nearpod broader messaging pillars.
- Deliver 15-20 sales engagements on a monthly basis, ranging from in-person or web-based customer presentations, consultative customer phone conversations, development of customer support tools or consultative pre-work meetings with sales aimed at closing content sales efforts.
- Serve as the content expert at both digital and subject-specific national and regional conferences, as needed.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the digital supplemental provider landscape and related competition in the field.
- Establish himself/herself as the go-to expert to support strategic efforts in large district accounts.
- Deliver regular internal learning opportunities for Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams.
- Manage and collaborate with marketing and content stakeholders to fulfill customer requests such as content correlations.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales, and Content on messaging and collateral needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Professional Services to assist in developing effective implementation training resources.
- Analyze, summarize and communicate suggested content product improvements and/or enhancements based on customer interactions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Masters in Education or higher preferred, but not required
- At least 7-10 years in classroom experience, educational leadership or K-12 educational publishing market; edtech experience strongly desired
- Understanding of the role that b2c and b2b sales play in the edtech landscape
- Passion for technology and improving education through technology with the ability to easily flex between general instructional technology to subject-specific messaging and support
- Experience with presenting and communicating with district level decision makers; specifically curriculum stakeholders and Superintendent-level contacts
- Ability to author/create content in a digital environment
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Strives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- 50%+ travel required
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.