Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Based remotely in the greater Atlanta metro area (Atlanta, GA)
Senior Trainer and Teacher Liaison
We believe that training is more than simply showing how, it is equipping the why and empowering with all the necessary tools to be successful. As a Senior Trainer and Teacher Liaison, you are an integral part of a customer's journey to understanding the Nearpod digital teaching platform, implementing key strategies, and making application directly to his or her classroom or environment. This role will work as part of the Nearpod training team and interact closely with the Customer Success Managers and Sales teams to execute Nearpod's virtual and on-site training offerings with school, district, and enterprise partners. Evaluating, customizing, and designing training resources is also an integral part of this position.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate educator with a minimum of six years teaching/education experience and two years of adult PD/training. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated person who is excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a proven track-record of project management and an entrepreneurial mindset. The candidate must be extremely organized, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be a reliable problem-solver.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Customer Success Managers and Sales teams to ensure adequate high-quality training for Nearpod School and District partners
- Execute weekly webinars and on-site trainings as scheduled to customers and Nearpod teachers
- Create and redesign training resources based on teacher feedback and market opportunities
- Maintain training records and internal scheduling
- Understand the challenges that teachers face and demonstrate how our technology solution can impact student success through training
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in Education (or related field) required, Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 6 years teaching/education experience and 2 years working with adult PD or training
- Experience with education related organizations,project management, and/or operational experience at a fast paced, high growth organization a plus
- A passion for bringing technology into the classroom as well as a desire to learn about education technology and professional development trends
- Excellent writing, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Great attention to detail and organization skills
- Experience working in a SaaS environment is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required
- Ability to travel 50%-75% of the time.
- Based remotely in the greater Atlanta metro area (Atlanta, GA)
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.