Nearpod is an award-winning education technology company focused on developing digital learning tools, virtual reality and interactive content across mobile devices that provides teachers an easy and efficient way to leverage technology in the classroom by creating learning experiences that engage and inspire students.
Since its launch in 2012 Nearpod has become a leader (& teacher favorite) in teaching and learning with technology. Nearpod currently reaches ~5M students monthly. In 2016 it was named one of Inc. 500’s fastest growing private companies and was featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod has offices in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors like Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, as well as Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Customer Success Manager
We believe that Customer Success is all about understanding your customers desired outcomes with your platform and working with them to ensure they experience the most value possible along the way. As a Customer Success Manager at Nearpod you are a part of the customer’s journey through onboarding, nurturing, and renewal. The goal is to not only retain the customer, but to always look for opportunities to expand the relationship and use of the platform. We are looking for people that are proactive, passionate about helping customers, and enjoy building lasting partnerships. The ideal individual will continuously work to surpass their customer’s expectations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing relationships with schools and districts using Nearpod to make sure they are achieving their desired outcomes, are educated on best practices, renew, and expand their contracts.
- Develops action oriented annual and multi-year strategic account plans and oversees their successful execution and implementation.
- Cultivates and strengthens relationships at all levels within assigned accounts as well as cross functionally within Nearpod.
- Anticipates customer needs and adapts strategic plans in order to achieve mutually beneficial long-term objectives and goals.
- Successfully manages and demonstrates ownership of all aspects of each assigned accounts.
- Meets and exceeds assigned targets for renewals, sales expansion opportunities, and strategic objectives associated with portfolio of accounts.
- Proactively collaborates with Sales team to expand revenue in accounts and improve retention.
- Researches, analyzes, develops, and recommends processes and procedures to improve the customer’s overall experience.
- Catalogues client benchmarks and success stories.
- Demonstrates a mastery of Nearpod’s products and solutions.
- Understands the K-12 education competitive landscape.
- Bachelors’ degree in education, business, or other related fields required; Masters’ degree in related fields preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years prior experience in Education and/or a Customer Success role at a SaaS Education company required; including 2-4 years of successful product/solution implementation.
- Demonstrated success building senior level relationships and managing large, complex projects.
- Established leadership experience, excellent presentation skills, and ability to lead others to consensus.
- Ability to operate in a highly efficient manner by multitasking in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and detail-oriented thinking skills.
- Strong passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding goals and targets.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience working in a SaaS environment is a plus.
- Ability to travel 50%-75% of the time
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.