Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
Department: Human Resources/People and Culture
Position: Recruiter/HR Specialist
Nearpod is seeking a talented Recruiter/HR Specialist to support the continued growth of our HR, People and Culture team. The Recruiter/HR Specialist will assist the Sr. Manager of People & Culture in every aspect of the day-to-day work including recruitment, on-boarding staff, training, benefits, and internal communications. The HR Specialist will be spend 70% of their time focused on recruiting efforts and the remainder focused on HR support.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manages Applicant Tracking System (post/close jobs, assist with updating steps/statuses for each requisition etc.)
- Develops recruitment strategies
- Meets with hiring managers to develop specific recruiting plans
- Schedules and coordinates on-site interviews
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants
- Schedules and attends job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants
- Directs the efforts of employment agencies and search firms, including negotiating and controlling employment-related fees
- Provides information on company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants
- Screens and presents qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing. This includes screening to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements
- Conducts reference and background checks
- Maintains records on recruiting activities as required
- Collect, audit, and maintain new hire paperwork and personnel folders
- Prepare and schedule new hire orientation agendas, and partner with hiring managers on 90 day onboarding plans
- Conducts new hire orientations
- Benefits point of contact for all employees, provide support during high peak open enrollment season
- Partners with Plan Administrators to resolve employee Benefit questions Conducts exit interviews and summaries on trends
- Provide support with HR systems
- Provides routine and ad-hoc reporting
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Recruiting and HR support
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting Sales, Customer Success and Software Engineering professionals.
- Experience in Benefits administration
- Strong business acumen
- Prior corporate experience with a high-growth company in Human Resources, executive support and/or HR admin support role required
- The ability to apply discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times is essential
- Proficiency with social media recruiting platforms
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong customer service skills with a team-oriented disposition
- Excellent phone, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability be dynamic
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to multitask and prioritize
- Self-starter; proactive
- Team player with a positive attitude and commitment to upholding Nearpod’s values
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.