Nearpod is an award-winning education technology company empowering teachers to create learning experiences that engage and inspire students. By combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments, Nearpod has become a leader (and teacher favorite) in teaching and learning with technology.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; currently used in 1 out of 10 schools in the United States by over 100K teachers and 6M students on a monthly basis. 2017 marks the second year in a row that Nearpod has been listed on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors like Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, as well as Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Office-based role in Aventura, FL
Nearpod is looking for an experienced Growth Product Manager to develop and manage product features and technology initiatives for user traction, engagement and platform growth. You will be responsible for enhancing the new user experience and driving growth from existing customers. As the Growth Product Manager, you will work closely with the product, engineering and marketing teams on a variety of initiatives to increase user acquisition and retention – two of the most important priorities for Nearpod in 2017.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Developing a comprehensive product strategy that includes: First Time User Experience, User Engagement, Referral Programs, Content and Platform Viralization Initiatives, and Payment Flows
- Collaborating with product, design and engineering to execute on said strategy
- Analyzing data to continuously optimize and improve initiatives
- Using quantitative and qualitative data to drive insights and develop new initiatives
- Managing existing and new projects with our messaging platform (Intercom)
- 2-4 years of Product Manager experience at a high-growth company
- Concrete projects (either mobile or web based) where your initiatives have resulted in increased engagement and platform growth
- Experience and knowledge building software from concept to deployment
- Ability to contribute in any phase of the product assembly line
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience designing and executing strategy for multiple user acquisition and retention initiatives simultaneously
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter, who is internally driven to make an impact
- Demonstrated experience using analytical tools to measure performance, determine improvements and innovations, and make adjustments accordingly
- Experience with Intercom (preferred but not required)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and projects, preferably experience working with a remote team
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for education
- BA/BS or equivalent job experience
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.