|Nearpod is a fast growing edtech startup that empowers teachers to create learning experiences that engage and inspire students. Our mobile learning platform combines access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) & real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader (& teacher favorite) in teaching and learning with technology.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has grown exponentially and today reaches over 6.4M students monthly. In 2016, Nearpod was named one of Inc5000’s fastest growing private companies and was featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
The company has offices in Miami and is backed by a premium pool of investors including: Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, Emerson Collective, Stanford University (via its StartX fund) and Marc Benioff Salesforce.com CEO.
Nearpod is looking for a Growth Director to own the expansion of our B2C customer base. This position will be responsible for growing the top-of-funnel user base and driving conversions from our freemium to paid offering. As Growth Director, you will be responsible for executing and optimizing a variety of digital marketing programs that drive growth in consumer acquisition, retention, and revenue.
The Growth Director will also be involved in developing and managing product features and technology initiatives for user traction, engagement and platform growth. This position will be responsible for enhancing the new user experience and driving growth from existing customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Own website visitor growth and increase teacher sign ups
- Develop a comprehensive product strategy that includes: first time user experience, user engagement and referral programs
- Strategize and implement content and platform viralization initiatives
- Own the leads funnel from lead-generation through conversion to payments and payments flows.
- Hands-on campaign execution to drive user acquisition, conversion, and continued engagement
- Work across product and marketing teams to identify, prioritize, and expand opportunities that drive key engagement metrics
- Grow new leads by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, social media campaigns, SEO, SEM, etc
- Establish customer-focused and results-oriented campaign strategies using analytics to identify key performance metrics
- Develop retention, loyalty, re-engagement plans to keep current teachers active via marketing + product initiatives
- 4+ years in Growth / Product Marketing / Product Management at a high-growth company
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, are a self-starter, and are internally driven to make an impact
- Concrete projects where your initiatives have resulted in increased engagement and platform growth. Experience across mobile and web a plus!
- Desire to work in an Agile environment with a focus on experimentation and results.
- Experience designing and executing strategies for multiple user acquisition and retention initiatives simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience using analytical tools to measure performance, determine improvements and innovations, and make adjustments accordingly. Excel, MixPanel, and Tableau are a plus. Python and cluster analysis would be incredible!
- Passion for education
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.