Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; currently, over 100,000 teachers and six million students use Nearpod every month. 2017 marks the second consecutive year that Nearpod has been listed on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies and we have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Office-based role in Aventura, FL
Nearpod is looking for a talented Director of UI/UX. This is a full-time, benefit-eligible role based at our headquarters in Aventura, Florida. In this role, you will be involved in every aspect of our product development process.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Has a strong design sensibility and ability to empathize with our users (educators and students)
- Is passionate about bringing technology into the classroom and has knowledge of education technology trends
- Must be able to balance between strategic, management and hands-on design work
- Masters Web and mobile
- Must have excellent interaction design, information architecture and user research skills, clearly demonstrated in an online portfolio. You will be designing a product, not a website.
- Has experience using state of the art design tools, including Sketch and Invision
- Comfortable and experienced in recommending and implementing design best practices
- A background in Design Thinking is a great asset
- Agile methodologies knowledge is required
- Experience working in Growth/ Product Marketing oriented experiments is a big plus
- Experience in developing educational technology products and knowledge of pedagogy is also a plus
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit – you’re not here just to execute; challenge us and inspire us and make this your company too
- Startup company experience is strongly preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
Role and Responsibilities:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products/features for our users (teachers, students, administrators)
- Participate in strategic product roadmap discussions
- Partner with Product Managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists as part of the product management process, from conception until launch
- Produce high quality, detailed site maps, workflows, interactive wireframe prototypes, user flows and annotations - from a user experience perspective - while also ensuring that layout, typography, imagery, color, interactive elements, etc. are designed to a high standard - from a visual design perspective
- Participate, lead and coordinate user-testing sessions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.