Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students. By combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; currently, over 100,000 teachers and six million students use Nearpod every month. 2017 marks the second consecutive year that Nearpod has been listed on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies and we have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Vice President of Content Strategy
Have you been working in the educational publishing market and are looking to find a more 21st Century approach to offering high-quality content to teachers? Here’s the perfect opportunity for you! Nearpod is seeking an Educational Product Marketing Manager to join our content team. This role is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies for Nearpod’s new 21st Century content verticals. In this exciting role, the candidate will develop new messaging, and execute marketing campaigns in order to create awareness, drive new revenue, and expand partnerships with existing customers. In addition, this role will work cross-functionally with our Marketing, Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams to ensure successful adoption and implementation of these new offerings.
- Develop a deep expertise of our 21st Century content and content library offerings, serving as a go-to resource for team members as they position products to prospects
- Work cross-functionally to develop clear, compelling positioning for Nearpod 21st Century content vertical offerings
- Collaborate with marketing to launch product marketing campaigns and collateral across all channels (sales support, online advertising, events, social media, website, sales presentations, videos, etc).
- Collect stories of impact from Sales and Support teams, translating that voice into actionable plans for continued product growth and educational outcomes for our customers
- Oversee and manage the Digital Merchandising & Marketing Coordinator’s execution of digital merchandising and marketing plans to drive eCommerce store growth and software engagement
- Measure campaign effectiveness to ensure revenue and strategic goals are achieved.
- Research and report information about market trends, competitive issues and products, and sales force needs to stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver high-quality Content Product training for the organization.
- Serve as a thought partner to the Content and Product teams and help inform future content creation product requirements
- Serve as brand ambassador for the organization at conferences, trade shows, events and customer meetings
- Mentor, manage and delegate deliverables to Product Marketing Specialist to achieve the goals stated above (beginning Aug 2018)
- Must be based in the Aventura, FL headquarters
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Prior experience in teaching or the education industry, specifically edtech, strongly preferred
- At least two years of product marketing experience required; K-12 educational product marketing experience preferred
- Experience developing marketing plans and executing marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of marketing communication tools, including experience in both print and digital channels
- Demonstrated ability to build deep understanding of complex products or services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial spirit; a self-starter, who is internally driven to make an impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and projects, preferably experience working with a remote team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.