Nearpod is an award-winning education technology company focused on developing digital learning tools, virtual reality, and interactive content across mobile devices that provides teachers an easy and efficient way to leverage technology in the classroom by creating learning experiences that engage and inspire students.
Since its launch in 2012 Nearpod has become a leader (& teacher favorite) in teaching and learning with technology. Nearpod currently reaches ~5M students monthly. In 2016 it was named one of Inc. 500’s fastest growing private companies and was featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod has offices in Miami, Florida and San Francisco, California and is backed by notable investors like Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, as well as Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Internship Program Overview:
|Nearpod's internship program is designed to challenge and reward students and teachers from across the country with the opportunity to work alongside our dedicated team, across all functional areas, to learn and contribute to our latest initiatives as we pave the landscape of K-12 education in the U.S. Our internship program will provide unique entrepreneurial experiences, knowledge, tools, and skills that will be invaluable in future professional pursuits.
As a member of the Nearpod team, in addition to the opportunity to work in various departments, you will also attend all employee events including Brunch & Learns with outside speakers, opportunities to volunteer in the community, and attendance at special events.
The Sales Team generates new business opportunities by following our proven processes to prospect into Schools and Districts.
We are hiring interns for each of the following sales areas:
1) Sales Operations - learn all about using a CRM platform -- Salesforce -- to drive the sales process
2) Account Managers - work with the client renewals team negotiating contracts and cross-selling new products
3) Sales Development Reps - work with our lead generation team prospecting potential customers
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated undergraduate students who are self-motivated and are driven individuals who are goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team. Success as an intern will require a team player approach, strong interpersonal and communication skills, extreme organization, creativity, original thinking, proactive work ethic and a strong interest in sales. The Sales internships will offer a modest stipend and are a 2-3 month engagement.
Expectations and Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in business with an interest in sales (or recent graduate)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- A passion for bringing technology into the classroom as well as a desire to learn about education technology and curriculum trends
- Ability to work independently and be responsible for meeting goals
- Strong team player with the ability to work well with others
- Energetic, detail-oriented, self-starter, with strong work ethic and excellent track record of success
- Excellent multitasking, planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Depending on availability work at least 20-40 hours a week
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.